Saturday, August 1, 2015

Out of the city- January 26 to 28.

I took a (really fast) train out of London to visit St. Albans, the cutest little town about an hour outside of the city (or 17 minutes if you take the fast train).
Why St. Albans?  To see Georgie's best friend- Magda!  
Magda and Barborka moved here from Clemson last year.  And it was my first time meeting their little brother, Simon!

He's already used to his crazy big sisters.

As excited as I was to see my old friends, we also had big plans.   Zuzana and I had tickets to the Harry Potter Studio Tour!

It gets a little geeky here.  Hold on, sweet Simonek.  The doors into Hogwarts!

The Great Hall!  With all of the costumes!

Outside the gates of Hogwarts. 

It really was a very cool place.  Someone ad the good sense to keep all of the sets after the movies were made to make major money off of us dorks.

Dumbledore's office!

Snape's potion room!

I really geeked out when I got to see the Wesley's house.

See?  We weren't the only ones there.

You could ever take wand lessons and make a video of yourself flying on a broom in front of a green screen.



Outside there was more!  The Knight Bus!



And Hogwarts Bridge.

We all really liked Diagon Alley.  

Weasley's Wizarding Weezes.
Starstruck.

And the last big thing was the huge model of Hogwarts.  It really was awesome.
Somehow, I managed to accidentally delete the rest of my St. Alban's and London photos.  But I did manage to spend a good bit of time with this sweet little boy.

And hugging him to sleep.


And when we did get out, we visited the the Cathedral of St. Alban- the oldest continuous Christian Church in Europe- built in 1077.  And then we went next door to England's oldest pub- Ye Olde Fighting Cock!  

Before I left for my journey home, I headed back through London and managed to spot Platform 9 3/4 (another Harry Potter site) inside King's Cross station.




No comments:

Post a Comment