Friday, May 15, 2015

Finishing up November- November 18 to 29.

Okay, I've got a new computer, so my blogging capabilities are now more than just what I can type with one finger on my phone (which is why I haven't been blogging-sorry).  Let's this this going again.
Georgie is still into building towers with the wooden blocks- maybe one of the best toys we've ever had for the kids.  I'm not sure how my yarn got strewn all of the floor, but I can tell you I wasn't pleased about it.  (I can knit simple washcloths, by the way.  And that's all I can knit.)

Henry got in on the block building and actually gave the camera a mostly nice smile.

I guess rainbows are our thing now.  It's easy to spot these girls in a crowd.  Look close- Georgie's got a dress and a sweater.

I'm still acutely aware my time with Bea as a baby is running out.  Documentation of one of the last naps we took togehter before she started waking up and getting squirmy every time I tried to cuddle her into submission.

Georgie remains a good napper, even if we just throw her on the floor of the office.  

Thanks for the cool shirt, Aunt Jill!
Georgie's school held a stone soup celebration- the annual Thanksgiving celebration.  Our friend Ellie got a cuddle in with Bea.

Surprising no one, I decided that I needed the Christmas tree up before we hosted 45 people for Thanksgiving.  Sweet Bea was not much help in sorting the branches.
The finished product.  Georgie's class made their own Flat Stanleys.  Georgie took a picture of herself in front of our tree before she sent Stanley to London to her friend Magda.

Have I mentioned how great it is to have a baby that doesn't roll over?  We could just leave her here and she won't move.  WONDERFUL.
You can even perch her on papa's knee while he plays mandolin.


Isn't she so cute with her little seahorse and yellow blankie?
And she loves to suck on a graham cracker.


Though she still erupts from time to time.

On the day before Thanksgiving, it was still warm enough to wade into the water in the lake.  

I do love fall in the south.
Like I said, on thanksgiving Day we hosted 45 people for a Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings.  But first, Bea and I joined some friends for a local 5k to preempt some of the turkey we were going to eat later.

While we had all of the traditional foods of Thanksgiving, we also went all out and got a chocolate fountain too.  This especially entertained all of the international students we hosted who wondered "Can you really eat any more sugar in one meal?!"
But the kids were really into it.

After the excitement of the party, we spent the rest of the weekend relaxing.  June's still working on growing out her bangs.

June really loves the little tree where we hang al of the Mary's Angels ornaments that my Aunt Mary Ellen has given me over the years.

Even though she's technically not supposed to be playing with them.

She does adore pretty things.

Just like Bea adores putting her fingers in people's mouths.

Oh Henry, you're the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment