We weren't in Madison on the weekend, so we couldn't go to the best Farmer's Market in the world.
But we did make it to a Wednesday market- where we obtained some squeaky cheese curds!
Henry wanted to see the Capitol one more time. Then he took over sling duty for the rest of the walk.
It's a good thing Grandma Seibert got Bea this warm outfit, because it was actually cool enough in Wisconsin to warrant a sweatshirt in the morning!
State Street Brats for lunch!
Afterward, Henry, Bea and I took a walk down Picnic Point, a long strip of land that juts out into Lake Medota for a great view of downtown.
This was always something I wanted to do in Madison but never got around to doing because taking a two-year-old on a two mile walk next to water- well, it wasn't a priority. It was much more fun with an eight-year-old though.
In the afternoon, we picked rented a paddleboat on Monona Bay- a dream come true for Henry and I. Because paddle-boating is seriously fun!
And to round out our day, we headed back over to the old neighborhood to see Henry's first friend- Huntley!
We braved the mosquitoes to go see the old playground. (They were still awful!!)
Henry and Huntley bonded over Skylanders and a general sense of 8-year-old goofiness.
And I was glad to see my friend Karen again. We met at a hospital New Mom's group when Henry was 6 weeks old.
It was great to be back in Madison. I hope it's not another 6 years before we see it again!
To complete our Wisconsin experience, we stopped at the world's largest Culver's! Butter burgers and custard for everyone!














No comments:
Post a Comment